Mason jars are very trendy and if you search Pinterest you will find many clever ways to decorate/use mason jars. Over the next several weeks we will be sharing some ideas and creations.
Today’s mason jar project is by Tracy. Many of you know her as the owner of Sassy Cuts. Not only is she a talented hairstylist, she enjoys creating unique pieces for special events. You may remember these two Facebook posts this past summer.
Most recently, she decorated mason jars with twine, lace trims and burlap.
Here she wrapped the jar with a wide scalloped lace, secured it with hot glue and used rick rack to form the letter “F” for the word FAITH.
This jar was wrapped with twine secured with hot glue and the letter “A” was formed with daisy flower lace.
These jars are not done yet. Soon they will be used for a special event and will be filled with twigs and placed as the centerpiece on a table.
We hope to share photos of the display at a later date.
Tips and ideas for creating your own Mason Jars:
- Use what you have. Find empty jars (or clean out your refrigerator)
- Use lace or material from an old piece of clothing.
- Dig through your stash and see what you can use.
- If you can’t find anything useful, stop by the Speckled Feather and take a look at our large trim and lace section.
- Consider making a mason jar for a neighbor, shut-in or someone that might need encouragement.
Next week will feature another mason jar project by Tracy and it is just as cute as this project. You might want to start gathering your mason jars, these projects are quick, easy and beautiful! Be sure to stop in and say hello to Tracy. You can find her across the street, either in her salon or behind the counter at Maud’s!